Friday 14 December 2012

Next time I say I am going to paint boats, hold me back

I thought that next year I should try and do something a bit different for the Sydney Royal Easter Show. Since I had never entered the Maritime section, and since we live near some pretty interesting fishing villages, it made sense to try and capture the early morning return of the fisherman. It's a fairly big piece (30" x 40") and besides the boat, and the fishing guy, there are 9 pelicans and one lonely seagull all trying to take advantage of the fish cleaning chore. I am calling it "Flash Mob". It's one of those ideas that sounds good until you try and produce it. Do you know how many fiddly lines and ropes are on a boat??? It's a lot of effort to make it right and I am thinking I should stick to people or trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment