Monday 10 December 2012

It's really  hard to concentrate on doing commissions when your heart is aiming for some other project on the go. I started a 12" x 48" canvas using pen and ink, coloured pencil, watercolour etc of a local cottage. It's such a gorgeous historical home - small, with two old rusty watertanks, an outdoor clothes line and an outside toilet. I've been walking past it for years, taking the odd photo at different times of day, trying to work out how best to paint it. I KNEW there was a painting in there somewhere, but just couldn't see it. One day, I used the panorama shot with my camera and - yep - there it was. Now, if I were a plein air painter, I don't think I would have figured it out. I needed a 180 degree view, plus a bit of geometrical goofing around to make a better balance.
www.sherrymccourt.com.au
www.facebook.com/SherryMcCourtFineArt

No comments:

Post a Comment